Wednesday, December 19, 2012

0 Fancy Santa Hat Brownies

Last Saturday night we were invited to a neighborhood holiday party.  I wanted to bring a gluten-free dessert but wanted something different, yet festive, creative, colorful but it had to be gluten-free.  I turned to Pinterest to get my creative juices flowing.  Many of you, I am sure, are familiar with Pinterest. The creativity on this social media platform is astounding and is a must to at the very least explore.  This is where I found the Fancy Santa Hat Brownie!  So festive, creative, colorful, everything I was looking for.  I am excited to say this went over very well at the party and at home.  Of course, I kept some for my GF kids!  I mixed up my recipe for GF fudge brownies and violá!

GF Fancy Santa Hat Brownies
This is definitely a must for this holiday season. Oh, by the way, this is the actual picture I took in my kitchen to show off these cute little guys!


Santa Hat Brownies
Yields 12-16 brownies
Ingredients:
1 pan of your favorite gluten-free brownies, cooled and cut into desired size and shape (I used a round cutter approximately 2" in diameter).  
12-16 small strawberries, cleaned and hulled
vanilla-mascarpone buttercream (recipe below)--Yes, mascarpone is GF.
 (I used Bel Gioioso www.belgioioso.com/Mascarpone.htm brand mascarpone cheese found in the specialty cheese section of most supermarkets).
Mascarpone Buttercream
Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2-1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Method:
Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and mascarpone cheese until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.  Add vanilla extract and salt.  Add 2-1/2 cups of sugar, half a cup at a time and continue beating until smooth.  Add more sugar, if needed to reach desired consistency and sweetness. I did end up adding a total of 3 cups of powdered sugar for a thicker consistency.
To assemble, pipe a ring of vanilla buttercream on top of each brownie.  Cut off the base of a strawberry so it is flat and place it upside down on each brownie, pushing slightly to secure in place.  Top the tip of the strawberry with a dot of buttercream to finish the santa hat. 
Enjoy this great holiday treat. Send us picture of your Fancy Santa Hat Brownies!
Happy Holidays &a very healthyNew Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment