Thursday, April 12, 2012

1 New Recipes Page Layout

With the development of pinterest and the new blogger views (you can read about them here) I've been looking for ways to improve my recipes page.

Sadly, pinterest doesn't have any tool to embed pinterest boards, and in the pinterest agreement you're not allowed to embed boards through the use of html iframes.

When it comes to blogger, I love the various new views they have, but they don't have the support yet for custom widgets, which I don't want to totally abandon yet. So what's a blogger to do?

When you go to the recipes page, you'll see an embedded version of my blog where all the recipes are photo thumbnails. Let me know your thoughts on this blog experiement.

Also, if you end up liking the method of embedding, here's how you can do it for your Blogger blog:

For my recipes page, I use the mosaic Blogger View. To embed your own custom Blogger view, add the following html


<iframe src="http://YOURBLOG.blogspot.com/views/mosaic" width="100%" height="300"/>

1 comment: