Sunday, September 19, 2010

0 Quick and Easy Peppered Steak

This past week for me was very busy due to work, and on those kind of weeks, who wants to spend time cooking? That's why I'm sharing this recipes; its one of my few quick and simple recipes that I use to make a home cooked meal when I'm flat out exhausted. Another reason I love this recipe is it reminds me of my childhood, because its a dish my mom would make when she didn't have time to make anything extravagant. I've added the hoisin sauce and lemon juice to the recipe because it cuts into some of the saltiness of the soy sauce. Enjoy!

Ingredients
- half a pound of thinly sliced sirloin
- 1/8 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- one spoonful of hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic (or 1 tbsp garlic powder)
- half of one green pepper
- pepper to taste




Steps

1. Start preheating a skillet to medium low temperature.
2. In a bowl, mix everything but the meat and green pepper.
3. Slice the steak into even strips. (It'll make the steak cook faster and evenly)
4. Slice the green pepper into long strips (I don't have pictures of the green pepper because I did not have any at the time of making this).

5. Add the sauce and steak into the bowl, stir until the steak starts browning. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the green pepper to the pan, and cook until the steak is no longer pink and the pepper has softened.

This peppered steak should go well with rice, potatoes, or any of your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment